Thursday, November 10, 2011

WAFFLE STREET - REVIEWED


Hey, all.  What up?  Whatever...  It's been a while since I've posted anything to the site, but I've been real busy and that's about all I'd like to talk about right now.


Let's just say that there's been a lot of gutters full of leaves lately, and with Elliot (my helper) back in school I've been slammed.  Hey... it's not like I don't appreciate the money.  I do.  (I've almost got my October rent paid off to my mom.)  What I don't like is the work I have to do to get it. And also, I got hurt the other day coming down from the neighbor's roof.  I tripped on one of the ladder rungs and landed in a bush.  I'm okay, so don't worry.  Just a little scratched up is all, and I think I twisted my ankle.  But after that I decided to take a break for a few days and get some of the FSRI work done that I promised.



Anyway, that's what's up with me.  As for this post, I'm supposed to be writing a review for a new book.  It's called Waffle Street, by a guy named James Adams.  It was pretty good.  About 250 pages or so.  It's a "Hilarious true story of one man's journey from hedge funds to hashbrowns..."  And I think he decided he'd dedicate the book to his friend Rebecca, which is a really nice thing to do.


Actually, to be honest, I don't know if I liked this book so much.  There was not a lot in the way of pictures, other than on the front and back covers.  Also, the picture on the front, with a waffle with George Washington's picture on it, is a little bit weird.  I don't get it?  Does that mean that waffles are a good way of making money?  If making waffles is profitable, then I want to know about it!


Apparently the guy, James Adams, was laid off from the front lines of a hedge fund.  What that has to do with waffles just doesn't make sense to me?  If he was working in the lawn care business, and then decided to make money with waffles, then that's great!  I just don't know if it's worth writing an entire book about it?


So, that's that for now.  I gotta do a few more posts before the month is out, so stay tuned.  Maybe I'll do the Weekly Roundup tomorrow if I get up early enough.


chow,
Decateur



No comments: